Monday, March 5, 2007

Wiki Edit: Hempfield High School

It's my second time around on Wiki, and I must say, it is getting much easier. Today I chose to elaborate on the Hempfield High School article. There is so much to be said for my alma mater that it is hard to figure out where to start. Naturally, I would love to post first hand accounts concerning this glorious academic institution in the middle of "Amish Paradise", but I doubt that my first hand narative would be good addition. I decided instead to add some cold hard facts to the article. As of now, HHS offers 19 AP courses to their students. Although that is a respectable number, I feel they did/do not do a good enough job promoting these courses and advising students to participate. I am hoping by making this addition, students will atleast know that there are more than a handful of AP classes available. This may even encourage students to check in with their guidance counselors for a full course run down....one can only hope! Hindsight is always 20/20, but I personally wish that I would have been directed to participate in more courses. I mean, getting a semester's worth of mundane credits out of the way before you get into college is a pretty sweet deal! I also added the nice little fact that almost 80% of HHS graduates go on to institutions of higher learning. Hopefully that will encourage parents to talk to their kids about where they want to go after they graduate. As a minor side note, I am curious to know where they got their top list of higher institution attendance...where is U of D?!!!

No comments: